StartUp Worcester is an initiative of the Worcester Regional Chamber of Commerce’s Higher Education – Business Partnership, The Venture Forum, and Worcester CleanTech Incubator to launch and to provide support as well as space for the region’s young entrepreneurs. Each year, StartUp Worcester awards 12, full year memberships to both the Chamber, The Venture Forum, and WCTI. There is no charge for applications or winners. Each StartUp Worcester membership awarded is valued at over $12,000 (Chamber, WCTI shared office and The Venture Forum memberships), but the access to resources, network and publicity are invaluable to help companies get to the next level.
We are pleased to announce the 12 winning companies:
- Arrow is a novel mobile dating app founded by Novall Khan who graduated from Harvard Graduate School of Education in 2012.
- AsanaRa is a line of natural, holistic skincare products, founded by Daysha Williams, a Clark University aluma of 2016.
- Box Mountain Games is a digital media design and development studio, founded by Jacob Peltola, a 2016 Becker College graduate.
- Dropwise, a mobile platform for social good, was founded by Marc Printz, a rising Junior at WPI.
- FRWD Inc, an automatic savings mobile application, was founded by H. Anthony Moore, a 2016 graduate from Howard University.
- GeoStage, focusing on digital game design, was founded by WPI senior Brian Keeley-DeBonis.
- The Hum, a company creating digital media crafted for young entrepreneurs, was Founded by David Powers, a senior at WPI.
- HydroGlyde Coatings LLC, a medical device company producing consumer products, was founded by Stacy Chin, a 2012 graduate from Holy Cross.
- Psychoactive Entertainment is a mobile app and software contract development studio, founded by Tyler Haddad, a rising Junior at Becker College.
- PW Industries, producing promotional and marketing content, was founded by Paul Wiley, a rising sophomore at Holy Cross.
- Simplicity Tech, a technology and software company, was founded by Angelo Padin from the US Marine Corps.
- WooRides, zero emission transportation for the general public, was founded by WPI alumnus Shahbaz Soofi.
Make sure to be on the lookout for updates as these exciting companies grow with WCTI.